Well our love of smartphones seems to get deeper and deeper. Deloitte have just published their annual Mobile Consumer report and it makes fascinating reading. Did you know for example that:
- smartphone ownership amongst adults rose from 70% in 2104 to 76% in the last year
- over 32 million phones are purchased yearly in the UK, and 6 million are handed down
- the proportion of 4G users jumped from 8% to 25% in the last year
- 25% of smartphone users make no traditional voice calls in a given week
- 13% of UK adults have now made a mobile payment in-store, up from 3% last year
- 53% of smartphone users check their phones within 5 minutes of waking
- 16% of us check the phone over 50 times a day
Oh lord eh! Do you remember when we used to talk to each other face to face, read newspapers and would have an encyclopaedia and decent dictionary at home? Ah well.
The thing I’ve learned whilst working for my current major client, a communications and telematics provider, is that most small businesses that buy new phones for their staff needs actually pay far more than they need to on ongoing call charges and renewal costs etc. It is staggering – it’s as if normally shrewd and hard-nosed business people suddenly get dazzled by the technology. I’m regularly amazed by how much my client tells me he is able to save businesses who invite him to do a completely free assessment of their comm’s supply arrangements and costs.
If you’re a local business with say 10+ mobile phones and think you might benefit from such an analysis then get in touch and I’ll get my client to make an appointment to visit you immediately. Let’s face it what have you got to lose?